Friday, January 9, 2015

Using mtDNA- Part 3

Sorry for the delay yesterday. Some days I just don't feel well enough to put a good effort together with my writing. Committed to doing my best with the blog.

Now back to the explanation of using DNA testing in our research. The next type of DNA testing is known as mtDNA. This testing helps you identify information in your maternal family line. Testing can be done for both females and males. This particular type of DNA is passed to sons and daughters, but can only reveal data on the female side of your lineage. The important factor here is that DNA is passed from the mother to the son, but can not be passed on to the next generation through the son.

If you follow me on Facebook you will notice recently I have been posting a increased amount of information on DNA research and it's use to genealogy. Hope this helps and if you are not connected to me drop me a line. As always please help me by supporting and clicking on my sponsors.

Have a great weekend.